The 2021 HUD Continuum of Care Competition is now open.
This page provides essential links and information on the 2021 competition. Additional information will be added as the competition progresses. Check back for more information on September 10th the final Application Packet. * For translation of competition materials or other accommodations,
please see below on use of MN Relay or how to contact the CoC Coordinator.
The West Central Continuum of Care (CoC) is excited to announce the opening of the local HUC CoC Competition! The CoC is seeking applications from eligible applicants for both new and renewal projects.
The first step in this process is the Intent to Apply and Threshold Assessment. The pre-application step is required if you intend to submit a full application. The deadline for the form is 5 PM Friday, September 3, 2021. Click on the following link to complete the pre-application Intent to Apply and Threshold Assessment. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021PreApThreshold The form takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
$1,080,082 is available in this competition. This includes:
- $936,741 for 1-year renewals. Renewal amounts and eligible applicants can be found on the attached GIW.
- $96,504 is available for one or more NEW Domestic
Violence (DV) Bonus project(s). DV Bonus projects must serve survivors of
domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. Eligible new
project types include:
- Rapid Rehousing (RRH)
- Joint Transitional and Permanent Housing-RRH (TH/PH-RRH)
- Coordinated Entry SSO
- $46,837 is available in CoC Bonus funds. Eligible
projects include NEW:
- PH-PSH projects for DedicatedPLUS or Chronic Homeless
- Joint TH and PH-RRH
- Coordinated SSO
Please read the attached overview of available funding for additional information on eligibility, program descriptions, the timeline, and the NOFO. The CoC Application Packet with additional information on ranking, CoC policies, the application Score Card, and CoC priorities will be sent out and posted on the CoC website in the next two weeks. If you are an existing or new agency interested in applying for the bonus funding but do not have a complete plan in place yet, do not worry and please click on the link above and complete the pre-application. If you submit the form and change your mind you do not need to proceed with the full application, but if you not submit the form you will not be eligible to move forward and complete the application in esnaps.
Applicants new to the process, I am available to talk through your project ideas and answer any questions about the competition or application process. There will also be two application labs to assist with navigating the application in esnaps.
Again, both renewal and agencies interested in applying as part of this competition must complete the form by 5 PM, Friday, September 3rd in order to apply.
2021 Applicant Packet - Draft - final document coming soon
2021 Ranking Procedures
2021 Rank and Tier - Proposed - coming soon
Collaborative Application - this will be posted by October
* Note: The Coordinator is able to arrange for translated copies of all materials and use translation services to provide technical assistance. Please contact Carla Solem @ 701-306-1944 or [email protected] to arrange for translation or other accommodations. For those who are deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing, or speech disabled, please contact Minnesota Relay, a free, federally mandated Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) program allowing speech disabled to place and receive telephone calls. Minnesota Relay can be contacted at:
Voice: 651-602-9005 / 1-800-657-3775
Video Phone: 651-964-1514 / 1-866-635-0082
Email: [email protected]
Click here to edit text